BigBang is a tool for scientific analysis of open source communities.BigBang v0.1.0.
This release is a proof of concept. It shows the potential of combining data collected from open collaborative projects with scientific Python tools in one easy package. With six contributors and a host of features, we are off to a great start.
Functionality included in this release:
- Mailman and W3C mailing list crawling.
- .mbox parsing and data cleaning, including invalid date detection.
- Preprocessing functionality for viewing archival data as daily activity and interaction networks.
- Entity resolution with Levenshtein edit distance.
- Email threading.
- Analysis examples in IPython Notebooks demonstrating network analysis and cohort visualization.
Thanks so much to all of you who have participated in this project or expressed interest in it so far.